Welcome to My City (Gangapur)
History at a Glance
King Kushaliram Haldiya established Gangapur, originally naming it Kushalgarh, Gangapur took its current name because of Gangaram which was brother of Kushaliram. It is also said to be named after ancient Ganga temple in the city. In older days, Gangapur City was the cultural capital of the state of Jaipur and was known as The Jugad of the East. Its most notable native was the late Shri Jeeman Lal Shukla, who was owner and founder of Shri Madho Govind Temple (a medieval-period Radha Krishna Temple) under the reign of Jaipur Maharaja Shri Sawai Mansingh I. In his cross country voyage, Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati stayed in this temple for several days while passing on his teachings to Arya Samaj. Today, Gangapur is primarily known for being an important part of the West Central Railway.
Gangapur City is located in the eastern part of Rajasthan in Sawai Madhopur district. It is a Sub-district and a Tehsil. Measured area of city is about 12 km2. It is situated 75 km from district headquarters at Sawai Madhopur and 144 km from state capital, Jaipur.
There are mountain range that passes near the city, Dhundheshwar is a waterfall situated amidst the green mountain range situated approximately 5 km from heart of city and it serves as recreational spot for city and nearby villages.
Gangapur City has emerged as a local hub for education in the Sawai Madhopur and Karauli districts. The city has many of English/Hindi medium schools to deliver the best education in science and mathematics. There are many schools which provide excellent education for engineering and medical entrance examinations. Results from previous years have glorified their names even more. Students from nearby towns and villages come to Gangapur every year for pursue their dreams.
Amongst the prominent school in city, Creative Public Senior Secondary School is achieving its milestone since 1997 and producing a wonderful Talent…
Gangapur City has a government hospital situated in Sursagar. Hospital has all basic health facilities like operation theatre, post mortem room, maternity ward, labolatory etc. Under Rajasthan government’s scheme hospital has free of cost checkup, medicine and labolatory facility available. There is a railway operated multispecialist hospital in railway colony. There are many private hospitals and nursing homes in the city. Here are some hospitals and care centres of the city.
• RGM Orthopedic Hospital, New Karamchari Colony, Jaipur road.
• Gupta Diagnostic Centre, Sindhi Colony.
• Pawan Eye Hospital, Sanik Nagar.
• Vyapar Mandal Hospital, Purani Anaj Mandi.
• Apex Laproscopy Hospital, Udai Mode.
• Government Ayurvedic Hospital, Ashok Circle.
• Bhandari Dental Hospital, Sindhi colony.
• Goyal eye hospital, Udai mode
• Ma Bhagwati Hospital, Sawai Madhopur Road.
• Garg Hospital & Trauma Centre.
• City Dental Hospital,Ambedkar Nagar, Udai Mode.
• C P Hospital, Jaipur Road.
• Riya Hospital & Research Centre, Saloda Mode.
• Gulab Devi Memorial Hospital & Heart Centre, Shukla Colony, Nehar Road.
• SK Hospital, Ashok Circle.
• Shree Balaji Dental Hospital, Ashok Circle.
• Ramswarupe Sarrafa Memorial & Physio Therepy Hospital, Purani Chungi Naka.
All major Indian banks have branches in Gangapur City.
State Bank of India
State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
Bank of Baroda
Punjab National Bank
union Bank of India
United Bank of India
Central Bank of India
Baroda Rajasthan Kshetriya Gramin Bank
Indian Overseas Bank
These are some visitor attractions which surround of the Gangapur city:
• Ranthambore National Park & Ranthambore Fort – 73 km
• Shri Mahavirji Temple- 46 km
• Kaila Devi Temple, Karauli- 37 km
• Madan Mohan Ji Temple, Karauli – 35 km
• Mehandipur Balaji Temple- 48 km
• Nakkash Ki Devi/Gomti Dham, Hindaun City- 45 km
• Khandip Dam, Khandip- 45 km
• Lahkor Devi Temple, PILAUDA – 18 km